Nusa Dua: Where the Journey Began

I was assigned for a business meeting in Bali last year. I recalled from an article in my school book that Nusa Dua was described as the beach where the elderly goes due to its calm waves and sunrise spot. What an understatement, this beach is splendid for all ages! It has a long shoreline with glorious golden sand and calm crystal clear water; safe for swimming.

At first, my expectation was just to attend the meeting and relaxing on the beach afterward. They have some nice beach cocoons like these:

Beach cocoons lined up on the golden sands of Nusa Dua Beach, Bali.

Ha… I know you wanna go there too!

The hotel is located in the Bali Tourism Development Centre's (BTDC) complex where the international conferences and summit meetings held. That’s why this complex is a relatively sterile tourist enclave.

The meeting went on for 3 days from 8.30 am to 4 pm, and every time I got the chance, I just rushed to the beach or the poolside. Life’s good…

Me relaxing between meetings at the poolside.

On the second day, I felt like to catch the sunrise, so I got up at 4.30 am and walked to the beach. It was very dark. Later I learned that the sunrise was not up until 6 am. I got bored of waiting and start to walk, that was when I stumbled upon the biggest starfish I’ve ever seen. When the streaks of ray appeared, I realized that this beach is a very rich ecosystem.

So this is where my journey began…

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sea Urchins of Nusa Dua

INTERTIDAL BEACH OBSERVATION GUIDE FOR BEGINNER

Catch a Falling (sea) Star